"Somehow I got too close to him..."

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GGJ

Veteran
Obviously the Exeter jury are of the anti-cycling brigade

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
In other words he was blocking her way down a narrow lane. She was in a hurry and because he didn't stop and let her by when she repeatedly hooted at him she simply shoved him out of the way and went past without a care in the world.

Except when the police were there when obviously it was all his fault.

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
In other words he was blocking her way down a narrow lane. She was in a hurry and because he didn't stop and let her by when she repeatedly hooted at him she simply shoved him out of the way and went past without a care in the world.

Except when the police were there when obviously it was all his fault.
If only you'd done the summing up...

Lonestar

Veteran
I can't see the problem whatever line he takes. The width of her car is taking all these lines at once and she's oblivious to it.

Well I meant my comment in the wrong way.Motorists will tend to squeeze past if you are too far to the left.How many Billion times has this been done?

Bet this one would have tried it as well.

It's a strange comment "I wasn't in a hurry" probably having the opposite meaning.

This is why I don't trust motorists,they will try anything as well as cyclists in the CS 2 cycle lane.

Last edited:

davidphilips

Veteran
Ask all your friends and family to ask all their friends to pass cyclists wide because stories like this are scary?

good advice, know what i think is a lot worse than someone in a vehicle passing to close, someone like Thomas who was driving to close behind the cyclist if the cyclist had fell of for any reason? well i know i really hate it when some nit drives really close behind me i would rather they just overtook me, when this happens to me and the driver stays behind me for any time i just slow right down and even stop.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
well i know i really hate it when some nit drives really close behind me i would rather they just overtook me, when this happens to me and the driver stays behind me for any time i just slow right down and even stop.
Good point. There's been some coverage recently of 1.5m overtaking width gap, but maybe we need similar reminders to motorists that they should stay at least 2 seconds behind until they pull out to overtake?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
What I don't get is if the guy was descending a twisty road and taking a 'racing line' is how the woman managed to catch him up in a car without doing a 'Sabine Scmidtz' impersonation, before I broke my leg (in a non-cycling accident BTW) I'd have beaten just about anything downhill on a road with bendy bits.

Sounds to me like she stuck the car up the inside of him (whilst braking for a bend) in a stupid attempt to 'get past' leaving him with no space to get round a corner..............................................acceptable on a race track (with run off) but no way to drive on a public highway.

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
The cynical part of me also wonders if the 'carer' bit is there as an excuse to say that she couldn't possible carry on her saint-like work without being able to drive her car, hoping the bit that she drives her car into cyclists can be overlooked...

Top Bottom