1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone mention Marin Bear Valley ??

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by starseven, 9 Oct 2007.

1. starseven

starseven Guest

An early commuter of mine , lovely bike. Dont really know why I sold it.

DSC00146.jpg

2. Tim Bennet.

Tim Bennet. Entirely Average Member

I have a slightly newer one with the profiled tubes. It was my first mountain bike and after I had upgraded the fork, was a really good hardtail.

Unfortunately you can't fit a disk brake to the rear so it was replaced as my mtb and converted to the town bike with guards, rack and rigid fork.

3. ghitchen

ghitchen Well-Known Member

Mine is a '98 model. Started as a hard tail mtb then donated most components (except wheels) to an Attack Trail full sus frame. It was too nice a frame (triple-butted Cro-Mo Tange) to get rid off so I rebuilt it as a winter commuter as shown here (sus forks swapped for rigid):
    mbv1.JPG

4. Smeggers

Smeggers New Member

Mines a '94 model without the sus forks. Matt grey.

Although I did get the engineers here to do some serious fettling to get a cheapo pair of RST's on it.

5. simon_adams_uk

simon_adams_uk Über Member

I had a '96 Pine Mountain... and then a '99 Pine Mountain - steel Marins really were gorgeous bikes to ride in my opinion.

But not quite as good as my '95/6 Orange C16R - I can't help but smile every time I ride it!

S

6. terry huckle

terry huckle New Member

Here`s mine outside its hangar

marin.jpg

Replaced the bar ends, fitted semi slicks, and a cheap suspension post....oh and those Shimano pedals, platform on one side spd on the other.

7. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Still got mine - '97 model no suspension, now back into off road mode after spending a good few years with slicks. Lovely bike, does me for my standard of Mountainbiking.

8. ghitchen

ghitchen Well-Known Member