Something to educate and inform all "spinners"!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Love the picture of Hinault launching a spectator. "Wonder what he did wrong"

tumblr_l07d80jEtp1qbxnpgo1_500.jpg

OP
OP
S

SimonC

Nkaj said:
forgive me for my incrediable ingnorance,but what does big ring mean? Is it really webpage devoted to riding in the top gear?

Yes, big ring refers to riding in the biggest of the front chainrings, legs turning steadily and with style. Cruising at speed

As opposed to small chainring and high pedalling cadence. Getting nowhere fast.:tongue:

Seems to be a few more photos added now. I am liking the track rider up on the advertising hoardings.:angry:

MajorMantra

Nkaj said:
forgive me for my incrediable ingnorance,but what does big ring mean? Is it really webpage devoted to riding in the top gear?

Big ring = the larger of the two or three chainrings (front cogs), so yes. :angry:

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to refresh before replying.

Nkaj

SimonC said:
Yes, big ring refers to riding in the biggest of the front chainrings, legs turning steadily and with style. Cruising at speed

As opposed to small chainring and high pedalling cadence. Getting nowhere fast.;)

Seems to be a few more photos added now. I am liking the track rider up on the advertising hoardings.;)

k thanks... i was just thinking yesterday how much better it is to steadily plod along on a big gear rather than just thrashing about :biggrin: spose its all about building up all that muscle !

MajorMantra

Nkaj said:
k thanks... i was just thinking yesterday how much better it is to steadily plod along on a big gear rather than just thrashing about ;) spose its all about building up all that muscle !

That is the precise opposite of what most would recommend. Hell on the knees too... (Although I ride fixed a fair bit, so who am I to talk?)

beastie

Guru
Vikeonabike said:
Love the picture of Hinault launching a spectator. "Wonder what he did wrong"

tumblr_l07d80jEtp1qbxnpgo1_500.jpg
this is from the tour. The spectators were actually protesters that set up a road block. While the other riders slowed and tried to ride around them, Hinault accelerated straight into them !! Fist fight ensued

Top Bottom