Somethings don't change - !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
On the way to work last week, waiting at a crossroads; red light when a bloke on a bike, ordinary clothing, roadster type bike, just carried on through the red light going t'other way. Didn't slow or look either side as he went across and when I called out 'Problem with red lights pal - ?' he responded with the now apparently obligatory 'F**k off - !' :gun:
Next time he does it and gets hit by a car on it's green light, remember that response - ! :tongue:

To be fair, last night I was stood at an empty junction waiting for a green light with no cars behind me, was considering just going for it when the lights changed to green as I thought it may have been one of those sensor lights that doesn’t pick bikes up. I did wait a good 5mins before thinking about.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
To be fair, last night I was stood at an empty junction waiting for a green light with no cars behind me, was considering just going for it when the lights changed to green as I thought it may have been one of those sensor lights that doesn’t pick bikes up. I did wait a good 5mins before thinking about.
That reminds me to report the two defective sensors I've discovered now there's fewer cars about. It's no wonder most treat even compulsory reds as advisory when so many won't let bikes go. At least cycleway and ASL sensors almost all detect bikes!

And drivers must not assume green=go because emergency vehicles can go on red too.

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
because emergency vehicles can go on red too.
But as far as I'm aware, the driver of said emergency vehicle still has to take responsibility to exercise due caution when they do jump a red light. Ther are some very dim witted and panicky road users out there - ! :wacko:

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom