Sometimes I think I step into the life of Victor Meldrew.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Was in Chesterfield today with my young son and just before lunchtime thought i had better feed the little tyke. Saw a KFC which is ideal as 'all kids like chicken?'

Walked in at 11.30, 30 minutes after opening and a couple of customers and a repairman wandering around and all looked clean and tidy and fairly new. Haven't been in a fast food/KFC for a few years but normally have a zinger tower burger. Stand there looking at the non-menu behind the counter while the assistant waits expectantly. I eventually ask if the still do ZTB's which they do so place an order for that and something for my son.
I pay with a £10 note and she says "here's your £3.72 change while she places £1.72 in my open hand! Ahem!

Apologies while she calls manager to open till.

I find a table and sit down with my boy and start munching my luke warm but rapidly cooling fries. I notice an empty crisp packet on the floor in what is otherwise an acceptably clean establishment. A member of staff comes out of the door and walks right past it to serve a seated customer, then walks right past it again on their way back. The contractor/repairman walks past it. Another member of staff walks past it. Why is no-one picking it up? I always would, even when I was only a sub-contractor in a customers premises. I am almost tempted to pick it up myself!

I open my ZTB and attempt to lift it out of the box. Incredulously there is no bottom to the bap, only a chicken piece sat in a dollop of spicy sauce on the cardboard. Arghhhh....

I return to the counter and complain and they begrudgingly and without apology take the offending item back of counter and then shortly pass it back. I wonder if it is a replacement but I doubt it. When I open the box I find the now inserted bun bottom sat in a splodge of spicy sauce and the rest of the crap piled back on top.

Resistance is futile and I eat my 'food' while glaring at any member of staff willing to make eye contact then leave. I even thought about leaving my tray on the table as a final gesture of defiance but my upbringing won't allow it and I meekly tip the rubbish into the chute and place the tray tidily on the pile.

WHY CAN ANYWHERE BE SO CRAP? THEY WEREN'T EVEN BUSY OR SHORTSTAFFED. I just don't believe it.........!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Harrumph..... just back from a lunchtime trip to Bury where I wandered past my optician and thought "Wonder if they've got any appointments? I'm overdue for an eye test."

"Oh yes," replies the receptionist, "we're quiet today, we can fit you in at 2.30."

So I sit down to wait. 2.30 comes and goes and no sign of the optician. At 2.35 he appears and summons Mrs Khan, sitting next to me. I wait, becoming increasingly irritated as it dawns on me that they are actually running badly late. At 3.10 I ask a member of staff.

"Sorry," he replies, "we didn't realise that lady would take so long!"

"But he didn't start on that lady until 2.30, which was the time your receptionist gave me!" I splutter. "If she had told me you were running late I could have made a decision whether or not to wait!"

There was a young woman with three kids waiting next to me, turned out her appointment was for 3.10 so when I told her they were running 45 minutes late and had still got to do my test she looked as if she was ready to give it all up. So I made another appointment for tomorrow morning at 09:10 and left her to it.

What really irritates me is the muppet receptionist who told me they could fit me in but didn't mention the small delay of 45 minutes - or longer, who knows?

ThePainInSpain

Harrumph..... just back from a lunchtime trip to Bury where I wandered past my optician and thought "Wonder if they've got any appointments? I'm overdue for an eye test."

"Oh yes," replies the receptionist, "we're quiet today, we can fit you in at 2.30."

So I sit down to wait. 2.30 comes and goes and no sign of the optician. At 2.35 he appears and summons Mrs Khan, sitting next to me. I wait, becoming increasingly irritated as it dawns on me that they are actually running badly late. At 3.10 I ask a member of staff.

"Sorry," he replies, "we didn't realise that lady would take so long!"

"But he didn't start on that lady until 2.30, which was the time your receptionist gave me!" I splutter. "If she had told me you were running late I could have made a decision whether or not to wait!"

There was a young woman with three kids waiting next to me, turned out her appointment was for 3.10 so when I told her they were running 45 minutes late and had still got to do my test she looked as if she was ready to give it all up. So I made another appointment for tomorrow morning at 09:10 and left her to it.

What really irritates me is the muppet receptionist who told me they could fit me in but didn't mention the small delay of 45 minutes - or longer, who knows?

Oh the joys of living in Spain..........................................sorry m8, but that's normal over her :angry:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ah I know, I worked in Huelva for five months but I was employed by the Opus Dei so I had a good enchufe for getting things sorted....

krushavik

Well I'm suprised at you "I Like Skol" its no wonder they get away with it with people like you. I would have demanded my money back and been on the phone to head office by now. Grow a pair and kick arse.:cursing:

Top Bottom