Sometimes life just sucks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
And I thought I was having a bad couple of weeks :sad:
Sorry to hear this Roscoe , it brings the little things we moan about into perspective really .................

Mattonsea

Über Member
Thought with you and your family.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hi @Roscoe .Obviously not a lot I can add to the kind thoughts already expressed.
Death is such a strange thing. We spend all our life KNOWING that we and others will die yet when it happens to us or those close to us it is so difficult to accept/understand.
As someone said...........make sure you hold hands then if/when you feel a squeeze you will treasure that moment.
And for what it's worth I think you did right posting this. It's not for everyone........we all handle these things differently....but some people need to unload in which case thats a good thing.

Ganymede

Veteran
Best wishes from me too - I've been there with a friend and it is very hard, but being with someone as they take the final journey is a huge privilege too. He will know how well supported and loved he is. :hugs:

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
:hugs:from me too.

gbb

Legendary Member
Lost my dad in November in very similar circumstances to yours Roscoe, its hard.
As said previously, be there for him, talk to him, hold his hand...I know dad appreciated everyone being there.

Apologies if i say anything out of turn or touch a nerve, but there is a sense of inevitability as well, which for us helped a bit. We knew, even our mum, his wife knew deep down, dad knew deep down he couldnt go on like that. It was very peaceful as well, that helped too.

There are no words really, everyone reacts in their own way. We all miss dad dearly, but in a strange way, we all seem to have accepted his passing, that inevitability seems to have soothed our mourning for him.

theloafer

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3460567, member: 259"]My thoughts are with you too. It's awful, isn't it (for want of a better word), seeing people you remember as strong, lucid, and lively in a situation like this,[/QUOTE]
I went through some thing similar in 2013 with my father ..:sad: understand the . feeling useless :hugs:

mustang1

Guru
I am very sorry to hear this. I wish there were words to make you and especially your wife feel better. Be strong during these difficult times.

Top Bottom