Son28 Dynamo Hub - Disc Caliper Clearance Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm thinking about building a new front wheel with a Son28 6-bolt disc dynamo hub and Pacenti Forsa asymmetric rim.

Looking at the location of the disc brake calipers on my 2016 CAADX 105 I reckon I could encounter some clearance issues with the left hub flange/spokes. I think the left hub diameter is 59mm and I have a 160 rotor on the front.

Anyone on here fitted this hub to a CAADX with disc brakes?

Graham

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I might be missing the point, but isn't the SON hub shaped in such a way that it uses standard hub flanges?

https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article...467.NTUxODkw&gclid=CKWQwZK4s9QCFQadGwodd_0JmA

You won't have any issues. A little diagram with some actual measurements will confirm that the flange won't get in the way. Remember, a 15mm increase in diameter is only a 7mm increase in radius.

OP
OP
Tenacious Sloth
You won't have any issues. A little diagram with some actual measurements will confirm that the flange won't get in the way. Remember, a 15mm increase in diameter is only a 7mm increase in radius.

A diagram! At last!

Age 55, and I finally get to use my technical drawing and trigonometry skills learned at school. :wacko:

I suspect you're right, 7mm doesn't seem a lot does it?

Thanks.

Graham

Top Bottom