Sonder Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
1120D2C8-0345-4ECD-95E7-FCA11203E0C4.jpeg
i have been pondering over getting a new bike for bike packing exploits I have considered lots of carbon , Ti,
ali and steel options , I have zeroed in on a Sonder Frontier , but I do not really like buying things that I have not been able to see in the pink so to speak , anyway I spoke to Sonder today, their outlets are predominately based in the north , but would you believe they are actually opening a store in Guildford very shortly ! result !

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
That's useful to know.

rualexander

Legendary Member
I got a Sonder Frontier (Recon Rumpus 650b+ version) just over a year ago.
Mainly got it for offroad bikepacking and day rides.
Great bike, very happy with it.

I got the handlebars changed from standard to the Confucious model which gives slightly more luggage carrying capability.
I lowered the gearing myself after delivery with a 28t chainring and 11-46 cassette.

Only problem I had was with the Sram shifter, it was jamming occasionally, turned out to be a kinked cable which must have been installed badly when it was built up. In any case I changed it to Shimano when I changed the gearing, and all good since.

We went down to the Ambleside shop for a half day test ride before I bought it, and because we were only out for a couple of hours rather than a full half day, they didn't charge anything. In any case, if you pay for a trial, they knock that off the purchase price if you go ahead and order one.

1020716-01.jpeg

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru

I got the handlebars changed from standard to the Confucious model which gives slightly more luggage carrying capability.
I lowered the gearing myself after delivery with a 28t chainring and 11-46 cassette.

Only problem I had was with the Sram shifter, it was jamming occasionally, turned out to be a kinked cable which must have been installed badly when it was built up. In any case I changed it to Shimano when I changed the gearing, and all good since.

We went down to the Ambleside shop for a half day test ride before I bought it, and because we were only out for a couple of hours rather than a full half day, they didn't charge anything. In any case, if you pay for a trial, they knock that off the purchase price if you go ahead and order one.

View attachment 471303

Great looking bike ! Apart from the forks it’s the same rig for me 650b in Stirling Moss Green , of course you do realise , and I have suggested to another Sonder owner with the same colour bike, if you have a Stirling Moss Green bike then you must wear a Sterling Moss Helmet !

1E70FAC1-0000-44C3-98C2-01107D9D94F0.jpeg

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Great looking bike ! Apart from the forks it’s the same rig for me 650b in Sterling Moss Green , of course you do realise , and I have suggested to another Sonder owner with the same colour bike, if you have a Sterling Moss Green bike then you must wear a Sterling Moss Helmet !

View attachment 471323
Cough Stirling cough.

slow scot

Veteran

View attachment 471303
Be that Loch Muick perchance?

Top Bottom