Sonder Camino Al bikes, what's the difference?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baldy

Über Member
This is all a bit academical at the moment as they don't have anything in stock. I've been looking at two bike set ups one has their "Apex1" gears and brakes the other has the "Rival"1 gears and brakes. All very good but they don't say what the difference between them is apart from one is approximately £100 dearer. Does anybody have any knowledge of these components?

vickster

Legendary Member
Rival is the level up to Apex, 11 speed vs. 10? Lighter too, better shifters and mech (at least going by the double groupsets).
Essentially Apex is Tiagra and Rival is 105, but with the Sram double tap system.
Rival definitely worth another £100 IMO

acuna_read

Rival is the level up to Apex, 11 speed vs. 10? Lighter too, better shifters and mech (at least going by the double groupsets).
Essentially Apex is Tiagra and Rival is 105, but with the Sram double tap system.
Pretty much as this, however both are 11-speed. There's a slight difference in materials and a few other details so Rival is a bit lighter and should be a bit slicker. In reality for most people there is not a great deal of difference day to day riding, I'd still take the more expensive Rival over the Apex though.

D

Deleted member 1258

The Verenti I've just sold was equipt with Rival, it definitely felt nicer than the Tiagra on my current Eastway.

OP
OP
Baldy

Baldy

Über Member
If you can go into the shops and chat about the bikes. They're very helpful.
Yes it's a bit of a trek as the nearest is in Edinburgh I think (should have opened by now but I'm not sure due to Covid). As I know there is no stock until August it seem a long trek for very little.

Top Bottom