Sonder Camino Al

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kingspirit

Hi All,

Is there are any Sonder Camino Al owners here? What is the size of your bike and what is your height please? Any toe overlap? What is your opinion in general on Sonder bikes, good bikes?

Sonder Camino.PNG

Thanks!

vickster

Legendary Member
They make good looking bikes, Alpkit recently opened a shop close by. They had almost no stock through the pandemic and silly long wait times, but they seem to have sorted. The Ti is very good looking ;)

Do you have one of their branches near so you could actually see/chat/try?

OP
OP
K

kingspirit

They make good looking bikes, Alpkit recently opened a shop close by. They had almost no stock through the pandemic and silly long wait times, but they seem to have sorted. The Ti is very good looking ;)

Do you have one of their branches near so you could actually see/chat/try?

Unfortunately no, no branches close to my location. But they seem to offer very good returns policy, if I don't like the bike or size isn't right I can return to them for a refund (had a chat with them).

vickster

Legendary Member
Cool...I thought you'd bought a gravel bike? Topstone?

Could also be an opportunity for a weekend in the lakes (probably better than Kingston - although there are lots of very good bike shops around here!)

Definitely go for a weekend in Keswick and check the bikes out at the store there.

And enjoy the pubs and restaurants.

OP
OP
K

kingspirit

Unfortunately no, no branches close to my location. But they seem to offer very good returns policy, if I don't like the bike or size isn't right I can return to them for a refund (had a chat with them).

I had a Fuji Jari 1.1 before, but i had to return it due to toe overlap, i didn't like that fact at all. Then i have tried the Topstone, no toe overlap, which is great. Now choosing between Topstone AL (2022) and this Camino. Camino looks to me has a different geometry, for more upright riding.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Whilst I don't have a Camino or experience of them, I have recently completed a purchase of a Sonder Frontier. From my experience the Sonder website is not terribly accurate, not long after going through the purchase, Sonder emailed to say the colour I'd ordered was unavailable. This choice of colour stayed on the website for another few week though.

Sonde also says that they will build the bike in 10 days, my build, which was stock, apart from the tubeless conversion option, took over 20 days to build. Unfortunately Sonder failed to communicate this and throughout their communication was poor. If they'd only sent an email from the beginning, saying look where terribly busy at the moment and the build will take longer than the stated 10 days, then I would have been satisfied.

Aside from the long build time and poor communication, I've been more than happy with the bike, it's been well built and rides lovely. The sizing information on the website is accurate and overall I have been happy with my purchase and would buy from them again.

Top Bottom