Sonder Colibri (aluminium) - anyone ridden it / own it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Handlebar Moustache

Hi all,

Been a while since I last posted (and it's nice to see familiar faces/avatars still around on this corner of the interweb).

Anyway - recently I stupidly bought a cheap second hand bike that had lots of problems, so I'm now looking for a new bike.

Trying to find an aluminium bike with disc brakes that is relatively light and doesn't cost the earth. Looking at the Sonder Colibri since it has got quite good reviews (though for an earlier spec - every new bike seems to have progressively less spec for the money these days). Before I test ride it, I was wondering if anyone had bought / ridden one and what your thoughts were?

Also any alternatives? I've looked at Canyon (but Enduraces don't seem to be available for ages and ages) and Rose (but they've stopped selling to the UK).

Any info much appreciated!

Mel

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

gcogger

Given that you mentioned it should be "relatively light", I suggest being sceptical of the claimed weights on the Sonder website. I bought a Camino Ti late last year and the quoted weight was 9.9kg for size large. My size medium actually weighed 11.3kg without pedals or accessories, which is quite a discrepancy!
No big deal in the real world, but something to be aware of.

OP
OP
Handlebar Moustache

Handlebar Moustache

Given that you mentioned it should be "relatively light", I suggest being sceptical of the claimed weights on the Sonder website. I bought a Camino Ti late last year and the quoted weight was 9.9kg for size large. My size medium actually weighed 11.3kg without pedals or accessories, which is quite a discrepancy!
No big deal in the real world, but something to be aware of.

Thanks - that's good to know

Top Bottom