Son's bike stolen - anyone got anything at the back of their garage they don't want?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

It's wrong but at least it wasn't a £1k bike, just think how much money it saved you that you haven't had to give him for 18 months for taxi's etc.

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
It's not right, and it shouldn't be, but I think that is just the way it goes in that area. no point having a bike with any value because it WILL go missing at some point.
It wasn't worth anything - donated by a very kind ex member of cyclechat to replace the one he had stolen last time. Which I had rescued from a skip when he was about 14 - and also wasn't worth anything.
If the thieves are selling them on, make you wonder how much for. The lock they cut through was worth more than the bike.

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
It's wrong but at least it wasn't a £1k bike, just think how much money it saved you that you haven't had to give him for 18 months for taxi's etc.
Money for taxis!!!
He rides a bike because he is too lazy to walk and he is always running late!
Which, to be fair, was pretty much my motivation for cycling at his age.
He had access to a reasonably nice hybrid known as "garage bike" when he is home but I'm certainly not letting him take that to Manchester

Drago

Legendary Member
Geezer on eastenders

Hicky

Guru
@Julia9054 I'm not sure(he probably is) if your son is aware and at Man U, he can get a discounted U lock for £10....if he needs a link PM me and he can get in touch I'll direct him.:highfive:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
@Julia9054 I'm not sure(he probably is) if your son is aware and at Man U, he can get a discounted U lock for £10....if he needs a link PM me and he can get in touch I'll direct him.:highfive:

And or if at MMU - contact the Travel Team.

You can't leave bikes anywhere. My colleague had a very expensive MTB ripped off the back of his car rack when he literally went to pay the restaurant bill - the bike had been in sight all along, then paid the bill, and it went.

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
He is actually at the Royal Northern College of Music but I know they share a lot of the Student Union benefits with MU so it may be something he can take advantage of. Not keen on spending more on the lock than on the replacement bike tbh!
Have messaged @Hicky

Hicky

Guru
Message sent with linky....I take my bike into my office and will only use our "sheds" which have swipe access when on a beater....Thieves are rife around the uni.

Top Bottom