Son's bike stolen - anyone got anything at the back of their garage they don't want?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
My son took his bike with him to uni in Manchester in September. Since moving out to Rusholme he has ridden it in every day. 2 weeks ago, on returning home he realised he had forgotten the back yard key. He leaned the bike up against the back gate and in the 15 seconds it took him to go through the house and open the gate from the inside, some bugger had made off with it! It wasn't valuable - the lights on it were probably worth more!
A long shot, I know, but does anybody have anything languishing unloved at the back of a garage somewhere? I can only afford to pay up to £50 at the moment and tbh, anything worth more than that probably doesn't need to be in Rusholme!
Thanks for reading.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Size frame?

This might interest you on Gumtree, selection of bikes for £45 ea https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/...rom-£-45.-10-mins-from-university-/1278736484
Somebody on another thread said there was some sort of charity bike shop in Manchester offering cheap bikes.

Last edited:

PK99

Legendary Member
My son took his bike with him to uni in Manchester in September. Since moving out to Rusholme he has ridden it in every day. 2 weeks ago, on returning home he realised he had forgotten the back yard key. He leaned the bike up against the back gate and in the 15 seconds it took him to go through the house and open the gate from the inside, some bugger had made off with it! It wasn't valuable - the lights on it were probably worth more!
A long shot, I know, but does anybody have anything languishing unloved at the back of a garage somewhere? I can only afford to pay up to £50 at the moment and tbh, anything worth more than that probably doesn't need to be in Rusholme!
Thanks for reading.

Rusholme hasn't changed in 40 years then. The current scallies will be the grandkids of the scallies who would nick anything not bolted down when I was a student there.

Doesn't make it any easier though...

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
Someone on freecycle just told me about this place
http://www.resurrectionbikes.org.uk/
It is literally 2 minutes cycle from my work and I never knew it existed. Their bike list appears to contain 4 or 5 things that might do the job. I'll nip down after work tomorrow when it is open and check it out.
There is a pink framed Raleigh that looks almost identical to his stolen bike!

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
Thread resurrection
Well, it lasted 18 months. He left it locked up outside Lidl in Rusholme and someone bolt cropped through the lock.
Drug addled gits!

Top Bottom