Sony Xperia phone Help....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
(Firstly I did think about posting this in technical but thought as that was mainly bike help related it may not get read much but if mods want to move it there fine)

Right down to the nitty gritty..... my Sony Xperia when I pick it up and wake it up it sometimes makes several bleeping noises in quick succession sometimes going on for 20 seconds.

Its not my message tone (different noise) or email alert (set to vibrate only) don't think its an update tone but possibly it a notification from a bundled app I don't use but can't seem to find out which one

Does anybody know for sure what it is as it's really P*****g me off now!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
What model is it? I have the Xperia S and mine has never done that.
How about going to settings/apps and checking what is actually running then stop each service one at a time. A bit laborious, but might help identify the culprit.
Maybe turn off all notifications and just start the email and texts?

OP
OP
simon the viking
What model is it? I have the Xperia S and mine has never done that.
How about going to settings/apps and checking what is actually running then stop each service one at a time. A bit laborious, but might help identify the culprit.
Maybe turn off all notifications and just start the email and texts?
Its an Xperia SP I thought I'd turned of all notifications but it must be a stupid messaging program EE or Sony want me to use but I thought I had disabled them all but must be wrong I think i will start un-installing them

OP
OP
simon the viking
It'll be a little tick in a little box somewhere hidden in the settings menu........

But where? :ph34r:
Just looked in menus again and a tick was in the 'screen lock' notification box so I've un-ticked that and see what happens. It does seem to be when i pick up the phone and 'wake' it up but why would it do it for ages? We shall see thanks for your input Pete

Top Bottom