Sore Knees

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slaav

Guru
Did a 67 mile ride with hills yesterday and my knees are really suffering today. Not sure I got my saddle height back to correct height for start and two adjustments en route... doh!

Would this be enough to trouble the knees? Or is it simply the hills and more elevation than I have done in a day before? :smile:

tyred

Legendary Member
A low saddle could certainly cause sore knees on a long ride.

OP
OP
S

Slaav

Guru
Have u recently upped your milleage? That can make knees sore too? Looking at your ticker that seems a high proportion of your milleage.

My 'training' rides have not been much this year :sad:

Longest I have done since Xmas is only 37 miles or so.... that may accountf or some of it.

Managed a 105/108 mile day last year so hopefully it is as simple as too far, too quick this year (with hills) and also will tweak teh saddle height next weekend to see if I can get 100% comfy again?

tyred

Legendary Member
You should probably have a read of this to check your bike setup. It's the easiest to follow guide I've come across and I found it helpful. Remember that if you do adjust the fore/aft position of the saddle, you will need to adjust the height to compensate.

e-rider

crappy member
there's a big differences between sore aching knees after a long ride, and proper knee pain from a specific problem.
It sounds more like a lack of condition/fitness (and possibly bike set-up issues) rather than a specific knee problem, which if the case makes you quite lucky!

Top Bottom