Sore shoulder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

number3

Marathon Runner
As the title suggests I've been getting a little soreness in my right shoulder. It is probably just that I'm not used to the long mileage that I've been doing lately (75 on Sunday). If there is anything technical I could maybe look at though any suggestions would be appreciated.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I think you've answered your question.

Might be worth doing shoulder stretches and exercises. It's a complicated joint that relies on muscles to hold it together. You haven't fallen on it ?

OP
OP
number3

number3

Marathon Runner
No fall, it's probably just that I'm gripping or tensing too much with my dominant hand. I figure if it was a positional thing then I'd feel it in both shoulders.

e-rider

crappy member
I've been getting shoulder pain recently in my left shoulder - sometimes the pain radiates down my arm too. Once off the bike is goes quickly though. Had this a bit in the past but recently it's every ride longer than 30 miles.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Difficult to say, but most 'discomfort' that is brought on can be because not being used to a particular distance/time on the bike. Look at the triggers of the pain.

I have an old hamstring injury that plays up after I do big distances (which I don't do often).

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
No fall, it's probably just that I'm gripping or tensing too much with my dominant hand. I figure if it was a positional thing then I'd feel it in both shoulders.

I have to make a deliberate effort not to grip too tightly when on long rides. I did gut crunches for a few months and a little bit of extra strength in my core helped all minds of endurance issues.

Top Bottom