Sore wrists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cheshire Celt

Legend
Hi guys wee problem when riding I am getting a sore left wrist when out on the bike when I was on the triban 3 it was getting pins and needles since I have been on my Scott it has improved but still there , it's only my left wrist and I am left handed so it's my stronger side any ideas what could be causing it . It stopping my putting in some bigger mileage rides now . Do I need a shorter stem on the bike or different Handel bars , thanks in advance Shaun

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Do you wear padded gloves? That can help a lot, as can decent padded bar tape.

But also your saddle might be tipped forward too much allowing more weight on your wrists. mm can make a huge difference

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Ok will so any reason why it just one wrist thought I might be gripping the bars to tight

Death gripping will also cause it. Weak core muscles will too as youll have to support your weight with your arms. It's been a trouble of mine too. Pilates helped me with that although I still get shoulder aches.

Of course there will no doubt be lots of other ideas from everyone else too!

Nebulous

Guru
Move around!

I'm a bit of a fidget and change positions quite regularly. If I don't I get some pins and needles, followed by some numbness.

OP
OP
Cheshire Celt

Cheshire Celt

Legend
I try to but still getting it will ajust the saddle a bit

Cyclist33

If it's just the one wrist, it's possibly something other than cycling that the ride position - doubtless slightly different than on the Scott - is being aggravated by. For instance with me, my left thumb used to get a lot of gyp on my old racer. Still get a bit on the flat bar. It's because I broke my left thumb years ago. The right one, while still also double jointed, is inherently stronger. As a stonemason, do you have one hand that does more gripping or otherwise effort than the other?

Stu

Top Bottom