Sore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Hi & welcome, as Rickshaw Phil says, check your set up, a good place to go is GCN (Global cycling network) on you tube, have a look in the how to & maintenance monday sections, their videos are very good & informative, well done on the cycling, keep it up

oldstrath

Über Member
Riding every day is probably not a great idea - need a day off or two every week to allow recovery to occur.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Sage advice from everyone here; here's mine;

(1) don't give up
(2) take a day off
(3) have a nice warm soak in the bath afterwards
(4) drink plenty, and have a look at replacing salts
(5) check your bike fit
(6) most of all, enjoy the scenery along the way. Leave competition to the young but cases, for us it's meant to be fun ^_^

...oh, and (7)... Never underestimate the recuperative powers of Guinness.

Widge

Baldy Go
If I was Dec66 I would whole heartedly endorse his advice as above....especially the Guinness and the bike-fit,,,,AND the long hot bath AND the don't give up AND......well everything really! I am approaching my 'senior' years too. We do what we can? 10 miles in an hour is just SO much better than 10 years on the sofa. It's about as much as I aim for on a daily ride...................and I probably have more than just 1 pint of Guinness. But I enjoy it and have a sneaking suspicion it is actually doing me some good on many levels.

Enjoy

Keep at it

Best
w

si_c

Guru
Hello and welcome @rainywells69 :welcome:

As has been said before, sore limbs is often due to overdoing it a little. I recall when I first started riding daily that my limbs were aching all the time. At that point I was riding half your distance and am half your age. I'd try putting a couple of rest days into your week, I'd try riding 15miles instead of 10, 4 days a week, assuming of course that you have the time to ride slightly further.

I'd also try slowing it down slightly, maybe do your ride in 75 rather than 60 minutes.

Boon 51

Veteran
Just my bobs worth from a youngster of 65.. Take a cheese roll out with you and perhaps a banana and eat on your route, take a look at having a protein shake I found that helped me no end with aching muscles, as the other posters have said take a day off and don't rush things.

Top Bottom