Sorry.......what road bike for £800 -£1000?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bikes Ben

Hi,

I have viewed the first 10 pages or so to see if there was a recent question in relation to the above, but couldn't find one, so.......

Budget is about £800 - £1,000.

Having looked at reviews, some a year old, there seems to be a few bikes which keep been mentioned as follows:

Scott Speedster 20
Boardman Team

Specialized Allez Sport 2013 Road bike

However given the age of some of the reviews is there any other stand out bikes I should consider or wil one of the above be a good choice?

Sorry for the lame question, but I am very undecisive and lazy when he comes to researching things when you can ask people with far more knowledge then I will collect viewing the Internet for hours.....

Kies

Giant Defy 1 - voted best bike in the competitive £1000 price point three years running.

Now go relax :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Leave the reviews behind, go to a few local shops and have a sit on and a ride on some bikes

Specialized generally offer least bang for buck componentry wise but the best frame warranty if you plan to keep the bike for many years

Go for one that fits well and you like the looks of as you'll ride it more :smile:

Pier

I'm also looking at some bikes in that range and I found this Giant TCR composite 2.
Do you think it's worth the price or there are better alternatives?

vickster

Legendary Member
Looks a very good price for a carbon bike with some 105/Ultegra parts...however only if it fits you - go sit on one

Cubist

Still wavin'
Cube Peloton Race 2014 at £999, complete 105 groupset, Mavic Aksium wheels. Or you could get a used Peloton Race with full triple 105 groupset plus Ultegra mech, just under 9 kg, beautiful condition for £650..... and have a test ride on it to confirm whether or not you like it....

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Mekk Poggio 1.5, full Carbon, comes in at £1,099, but if not through bike scheme you'll probably manage to get it at under a grand.

Great frame, which is where all the value is. The components are reasonable. Overall, a great package.

But really, you need to find out about different frame sizes and shapes, and what suits you. There is no such thing as best bike for a certain budget, since it really depends on what suits you, both in terms of size, and geometry (whether racy or relaxed).

With hindsight, I'm happy with my bike, but I'd take a lot more trouble to choose in future, I think I just got lucky.

Top Bottom