Sorry...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baldycyclist

Über Member
...chickened out this morning.
The area around Chester-le-Street and Durham was rather damp and had nice deep puggles.
I drove in.
Will do my best tomorrow to do it properly.
B

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
Equally repentant here !!! Howling gales and horizontal rain

Had the piss taken by the "real" cyclists at work who do a 4 mile vs 30 mile round trip and managed to brave the elements

will try better

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
People at my workplace are amazed that I ride in all weathers. The thing is though, if you have the right gear you can ride comfortably when it's piddling it down. Being wet in close fitting lycra is not the same as being wet in normal clothes and I only wear the waterproof jacket to keep warm. That said, I prefer to ride in blazing sunshine.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Don't apologise. Cycling is supposed to be enjoyable and I for one think forcing yourself to ride unneccessarily in conditions you don't enjoy is counterproductive and contrary to the ethos of cycling. All the people that try to portray taking the car or alternative travel arrangement when it is hissing down as wimpish, weak or spineless need a good slap. I say this even though I am one of those nutters that will cycle commute even if I know there is a good chance I will get drenched on the return journey, but I won't set off in miserable, torrential rain when I have a perfectly good car that will get me there dry and in comfort and traffic isn't a problem at the times I commute.
I have to admit, even if I do get a good soaking I don't usually find it too unpleasant (but sometimes it is) and the knowledge that I can have a hot shower as soon as I get home minimises the misery.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
People at my workplace are amazed that I ride in all weathers. The thing is though, if you have the right gear you can ride comfortably when it's piddling it down. Being wet in close fitting lycra is not the same as being wet in normal clothes and I only wear the waterproof jacket to keep warm. That said, I prefer to ride in blazing sunshine.

I've been told they were talking about me at work about this also,but in Lunnon it's no big deal to what you northern peoples have to put up with.

Also I don't wear lycra.TIA

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Best bet is not to have a car,then the temptation is gone,although I have been told by a guy at my work that I should "grow up" as I ride a bike everywhere and have never owned a car.:wacko:

DougieAB

Getting the messages
I cycle commute because I want to, not because I have to. I have a car or I could get a lift to work from right outside my house. I find the weather always sounds worse from indoors, once you get outside it's rarely that bad. I usually slip on my trainers and pop outside in my pj's to check the weather on the worst of days. Only missed one day so far this year.

Top Bottom