Sorry...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Liamjc90

Best bet is not to have a car,then the temptation is gone,although I have been told by a guy at my work that I should "grow up" as I ride a bike everywhere and have never owned a car.:wacko:

I dont own a car either so its cycle or get the dreaded B*s which i just flat refuse to do. I'v only been doing i t a few weeks now but a had a few day for piddling rain. I just wear my climbing jacket and jeans but have a change of clothes at work although from what everyone says some proper cycling shorts may be a good purchase.

Jdratcliffe

I dont own a car either so its cycle or get the dreaded B*s which i just flat refuse to do. I'v only been doing i t a few weeks now but a had a few day for piddling rain. I just wear my climbing jacket and jeans but have a change of clothes at work although from what everyone says some proper cycling shorts may be a good purchase.
Jeans rub and you'll ruin them! trust me once you go lycra you'll never go back. Plus lycra will dry out fast - i can get soaking wet on route ot work hang kit up and it will be dry by the end of he day.

I cycle because I want to, but I did cycle into college yesterday despite the rain (it was wetter the previous 3 days and I did get went then as well, just not on a commute) and despite the fact that my OH cycled to work to leave me the car option. He's trying to make a point that I didn't want making... 1 car, 2 people going in opposite directions means one of us has to cycle, so both of us did yesterday! car's still sitting where it was parked on Wednesday night. Maybe that makes both of us mad, not sure but having been in the aboslutely got to cycle category for years and cycled in in all weathers, its not that bad with the right kit. If its heavin it down on route to work then I use full waterproofs. If it is raining on the way home, only the waterproof jacket gets used (unless it is exceptionally cold as well).

Just cycle when you want to. You will actually find in the long run that you will happily cycle in the rain and enjoy it, or you will avoid it. Just don't use the rain as the excuse... storms on the other hand are a really good excuse and this comes from someone who has tried cycling through the tail end of a hurricane - it does not work particularly well!

... trust me once you go lycra you'll never go back. Plus lycra will dry out fast - i can get soaking wet on route ot work hang kit up and it will be dry by the end of he day.

depends where you can hang said lycra to get them dry. for some reason my boss was never than keen on me hanging my wet lycra in the server room, so if it was wet, it stayed wet and I hated putting wet padded lycra back on at the end of a long work day... but I do agree, once you go to it you will stay with it, it is much better than jeans and just as bad to put on wet!

I now ride into work most of the time as my other form of transport is a motorbike so wet weather is not an issue. It only tends to get used if I have to go into the town centre shopping( don't trust the locals not to steal my hybrid or nick something off it) or if I am don with the lergy.

Phill057

Not a lycra person here either. Have all weather hi viz jacket. Water proof pullups and water proof shoes. There are no shower at work and can manage by having shower before I leave and use baby wipes and towel when I get to work. And have a change of clothes with me. It works well for me.

Top Bottom