Sorry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Came back tonight along a unlit cycle path tonight, when a bright light came towards me, so I slowed down a didn't look at it. It was another cyclist, of course, just as he reached me, he shouted out 'bl00dy switch it off'. Lol, I didn't think the sub £20 Smart 35 lux on flashing was that bright, that's the first time I've ever had another cyclist comment about my lights :rolleyes:

SomethingLikeThat

Über Member
When there are no other lights around they can be quite bright. Like car headlights for example on country roads. They can't see you too well/don't care so they keep going towards you with the full beam on.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ha, he should have been confronted with a real off road light. I apologised last week as I'd just carried the bike down some steps to a trail, just getting on, and a cyclist was coming towards me with a feeble light, I quickly covered the Magicshine, then said sorry about that.

I've had to cover my lights completely a few times recently when cyclists coming the other way in pitch black are picking their way along. Fortunately with good lights, you can pick a ped or cyclist up some distance away, then cover the lights so you don't blind them. Down side is I've then got to adjust to no light.

Top Bottom