Sorted - Bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am after a bag to hold my Kyrptonite D lock in but don’t have room for a handlebar bag unless it mounts low down from a crown mount or eyelet.

I have a rack that I could put a rack bag on but don’t fancy paying £30+ pound for one.

Does anyone have a good solution that would solve my problem and is value for money?

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Strap it to your frame or rack with a couple of toe clip straps or a couple of Velcro pieces. Cover it with a couple of lengths of inner tube so it doesnt rattle.

If you have a rear luggage rack, the D lock can lie on top held in place by a bungie chord. It is secure with very quick access. You put the lock on top of pannier hooks.
Get a bungie the right length.

OP
OP
bikingdad90
Lob it in a rear pannier.
Could do but don’t always go out with a pannier bag. In fact at the moment the bike doesn’t even have the rack fitted. It’s just sat on a shelf in the garage. I’m turning into a weight weenie, was considering a carbon saddle but thought nah it would too hard.

OP
OP
bikingdad90
Post a picture of the front of your bike.
Garmin Mount on top and cat eye volt light below (silver bit)
Aero bars from top.
If mount on the frame I lose both bottle cages 513343

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Weight weenie who doesn’t want to lose his bike. Ha ha
Yeah - I don't want to lose mine either, though it is only used on shopping trips on my cheapo singlespeed bike.

PS The lock came with a frame clip but the lock didn't feel securely attached. I now strap it to the back of my rucksack. It is a bit of a pain cycling with 10 kg of shopping and 1.6 kg of lock on my back, but it is only for about 1.5 km.

Last edited:
Top Bottom