SORTED: Garmin GSC-10 Cadence Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Before I opt to buying off CRC, does anyone happen to have a spare Garmin GSC-10 Cadence Sensor and magnets laying around, that they're willing to part ways with?...

...for dosh of course.

I've seen some crazy prices for these online already, and I'm gutted I didn't proactively buy one off Wiggle while they were about £25. Typically, I needed one over xmas and Wiggle are no longer stocking them, and CRC is £38 :sad:

If its any consolation the one I got on Amazon for £26 failed within a year. If I get a cadence sensor again it'll probably be btwin or other units that look nicer than the GSC10 and start of regularly around £15.

Shanks

Hi there, if you still need one of these I have one that's had very little use. How about £22 including pnp?

OP
OP
PlymSlimCyclist

PlymSlimCyclist

Veteran
@Shanks , yes please! Will PM you.

@fossyant , which Decathlon one? Nothing's mentioned above unfortunately, just @HLaB saying their GSC-10 failed :sad:
I'll grab the one off Shanks, and if it fails, then I'll look at another model. A friend did recommend a CycleOp's one, but it was cadence or speed, not both unfortunately :sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
OP
OP
PlymSlimCyclist

PlymSlimCyclist

Veteran
I do appreciate it. My current GSC-10 works perfectly currently, but needing the other so I can use my turbo and also have it whilst on the road :smile:

If it does go fubar, then I'll order the Decathlon one.

OP
OP
PlymSlimCyclist

PlymSlimCyclist

Veteran
Hi Shanks,

Just to let you know, I've sent the payment via Paypal.

Everything connected with no problem, however think I buggared up the speed magnet by over tightening, but will look for a replacement soon. For now, it works :biggrin:

Shanks

Glad it arrived OK, thanks for the payment.

I have a spare magnet here, i'll pop it in the post tomorrow if you like. Cheers

OP
OP
PlymSlimCyclist

PlymSlimCyclist

Veteran
Thank you @Shanks .

Nooo! I actually phoned my LBS today, told them my mistake and fortunately they've a load up there, so fortunately I'll head up there tomorrow and see what I can conjure :biggrin:
If need be, I may try and find a small enough nut and make something for it to sit on the spoke, we'll see. It's such a shame the "nut" is plastic for the magnet though. Whoever thought that was a wise idea needs to think things through.

OP
OP
PlymSlimCyclist

PlymSlimCyclist

Veteran
Thank you @jifdave and @Shanks , my LBS actually had a few different ones they'd scrimped off bikes, so had a bit of a choice.
I picked one which has a metal body and screw, so means I can't mess anything up if I do it wrong, so about to fit and see how that copes.

Thank you so much for the support though, and I'll let you know the outcome of the magnet as soon as I test @Shanks (I'm recovering from car shopping at the minute).

Top Bottom