SORTED: Old frame to cut up for seatpost extentions (Salisbury area)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bodhbh

Guru
As above. I need an old steel frame to chop up to make a couple of telescopic seatpost extentions. Main requirement is the ID of the seatube is 27.2mm, with 28.6mm external diameter - so most steel frames. Apart from that, the longer the seat tube the better.

I'll stretch to a tenner if I can get sorted this weekend or earlier (otherwise one will probably turn up asking about)

AndyRM

XOXO
I can't help I'm afraid, but I'm interested in what you're up to!

OP
OP
Bodhbh

Bodhbh

Guru
I can't help I'm afraid, but I'm interested in what you're up to!

It's for a Raleight Twenty upgrade. It's almost done, but the 400mm post I'm using already is just a whisker too short and I'm using it a couple of mm above the safety line. The setup does flex so I don't have much confidence in it. Figured I'd have a pop at making a telescopic post with plenty of overlap and room for adjustment.

OP
OP
Bodhbh

Bodhbh

Guru
Funny how hard a scrap bike is to come by when you actually want one! I tried the local 'wanted' on Facebook - no luck. The local tip gets rid of it's scrap bikes via auction during the week.

In the end ordered an actual seat tube directly from framebuilding.com for 13 odd quid. I reckon it's probably good for a couple of telescopic posts and less in the way of faff and waste than chopping up a frame.

Top Bottom