Sorted: Old Nokia Handset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My husband has left his old very basic mobile phone in his suit jacket on a train... so far customer services have not located the suit jacket, but we know that the phone, one that can not be locked with a pin, has not been used...

So, due to financial issues and the cost of having to replace is suit jacket, I was wondering if anyone had an old Nokia handset lying around that they no longer required? Needless to say we have several of the chargers... I'm pretty certain it was a Nokia 3310 or 3410 model... that sort of thing.

Does not have to be fancy - the one he had was an old monochrome display which is all we need.
And yes, I will try eBay but I thought I would try here first.

Happy to consider anything (non Nokia) if it comes with a charger...

Many thanks
SNSSO

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Ouch, never a good habit...I tend to leave mine in my back pocket when I wash my lycra on a Friday...Teso sell SIM free phones...cheapest is the Samsung E1200 at £15. Had that before and it was great but ended up being cleaned so went for a Nokia 106 after that, at £19. The Nokia has a few more features but the Samsung is lighter. Hope that helps :smile:

Ganymede

Veteran
Ouch, never a good habit...I tend to leave mine in my back pocket when I wash my lycra on a Friday...Teso sell SIM free phones...cheapest is the Samsung E1200 at £15. Had that before and it was great but ended up being cleaned so went for a Nokia 106 after that, at £19. The Nokia has a few more features but the Samsung is lighter. Hope that helps :smile:
I have an old Nokia but I think it would cost £15 to unlock it... that's London prices of course, can't get it done in my village! (Perhaps someone will come on and say it's easy to do yourself?)

Attachments

• Nokia phone.jpg
    Nokia phone.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 10

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I have many old phones, but find that the battery life is pretty rubbish - I'll have a look tonight and see what I have. You are welcome to any of them.

albion

Guru
I have a couple of those Nokia ones in a box so I don't mind sending one.
I'll try and find a spare battery too(which wont be great as it was an ebay one) but hopefully you have a spare also?

They might be unlocked but I will need to check that too. I have a slight feeling a free unlock only worked on one of the 2.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
A bit of a long shot, but have you tried calling the phone? You might be lucky and have it answered by somebody honest!
Yep we did repeatedly but no-one answered. After the 2nd day of trying I have up.

His sim card is virgin media of that helps.

We don't have any spare batteries because we had had this phone from new and the battery life was excellent, mainly because he only really uses it for the odd text message and to ring me at lunch time, btuy charging it every night is not a problem. We just need something to get us by for a free months until life is clearer on what is happening with me, my back, my paralysis and everything else. At the moment our looks like we may end up having to move house to a bungalow etc but we will see.

albion

Guru
Not the greatest of news.
I've now dug out the Nokia phones and tried to charge the total 2 batteries I found, but with with no luck so far. (just maybe warming them helps)

Last edited:
OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
thanks....we can see what others find or yours do overnight on charge. sometimes a deep charge is needed. We are still hoping ours will turn up because everything is pointing to no-one having lifted it, but the battery will be dead by now - it is nearly a week since it was left on the train and it wasn't fully charged then! Lost Property only get deliveries once a week on a Thursday so we missed the last one!

albion

Guru
I recall looking at the NiMH batteries hoping they might be 3 of AAA inside but no, they must be 1mm smaller in diameter and maybe even square.
I can get 3 AAA in and close the battery hatch so if the right charging bar does not start ticking, later I might pull apart on battery and use the 3 prong tab to solder in some AAA. Old tech NiMh stuff is safe to play with.

As a betting man, I'd say the many hapless 3rd party batteries on the market use a far smaller low capacity AAAA inside. I've twice bought batteries for these and twice got a hapless replacement.

Stu Smith

Veteran
I have good hardly used Nokia in my drawer at work with a good battery.
Back in work next Tuesday you are welcome to have it if nothing turns up beforehand..

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
If nothing else crops up then I have a Samsung D600 and charger I could pop in the post for you. The battery is in reasonable shape and should last a good few days with minimal use. It's tri-band as well, I think, so it may not need unlocking...runs a bit slow or I'd still be using it, but perfectly workable...

th

Top Bottom