SORTED THANK YOU: Excellent Cambium C17 or C19, B17 or B67/B66

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anyone remember these were £15 for years and years?

I'd like one for my new bike.

Must be in good nick though. I don't want a Brooks that looks like a banana.

vickster

Legendary Member
They’re all £100+ new now!

OP
OP
C

chris667

Guru
remind us again, where exactly did you park your tardis.

They’re all £100+ new now!
I accept that, of course. I'm not expecting to buy one for £15 now. But the fact is they were £15 for a very long time.

Serious question. If neither of you have anything useful to say, why are you posting on this thread? Everyone knows what these saddles sell for. Are you worried I'll somehow get someone to sell me a saddle for less than you think is fair?

I just want to buy a saddle and I would rather buy secondhand for ethical/financial reasons, and I'd rather buy from here for cash or bank transfer for not dealing with eBay reasons.

Honestly, it feels a bit like you're both trying to sabotage my thread. If you don't have anything to useful to say I'd rather you didn't post in my thread.

OP
OP
C

chris667

Guru
My comment was simply surprise in response to your £15 comment and to manage expectation.

Yeah, but there's no expectation that I can buy one at that price on my part. It was merely a comment that to those who remember, Brooks saddles were the same price for many years.

Of course you might well have been trying to be helpful but some (probably most) would say commenting on a wanted thread thread to the effect that I had unrealistic expectations as a buyer would be offputting to prospective sellers. It certainly doesn't feel helpful.

But there we go. Another instance of people getting their wires crossed because it's hard to get the nuances of language over on a forum. Rant over.

Does anyone have a really good condition Brooks B17 or C17 for sale?

tinywheels

Über Member
I accept that, of course. I'm not expecting to buy one for £15 now. But the fact is they were £15 for a very long time.

Serious question. If neither of you have anything useful to say, why are you posting on this thread? Everyone knows what these saddles sell for. Are you worried I'll somehow get someone to sell me a saddle for less than you think is fair?

I just want to buy a saddle and I would rather buy secondhand for ethical/financial reasons, and I'd rather buy from here for cash or bank transfer for not dealing with eBay reasons.

Honestly, it feels a bit like you're both trying to sabotage my thread. If you don't have anything to useful to say I'd rather you didn't post in my thread.

it's called humour, fish and chips used to be less than a fiver.However there not now.
here's a pic of a c17 bought for slightly more than 15 squid

20230530_221201.jpg

Jameshow

Veteran
I gave two both brought for around £15 each since COVID.

Age dosent really matter, look out for splits around he rivets and the leather looking very cracked. The hide differs in thickness too. One I can ride for 250miles the other is as hard as a spa saddle!

C17 isn't really a true brooks saddle more a hybrid leather plastic thing imho.

OP
OP
C

chris667

Guru
it's called humour
If you have to explain something is a joke, it probably isn't very funny.

To the rest of you, thank you very much but I have found a saddle online. Not a C17 though - I was put off by the 2 year guarantee on the rubber saddles as opposed to 10 years on the leather one. It doesn't really inspire confidence.

Top Bottom