Sounds of....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

I'm a fan of slow radio, the listening project... anything that encourages listening. So partly inspired by the 'Beauty in the everyday...' thread, I wanted to have a thread for sounds of the everyday. I'm posting one from my garden several weeks back, at morning coffee time (oh, and listen out for what I think is a golden oriel)...

[deleted]

...but you could equally post something less rural. Indeed, I must admit to be rather taken by the distant rhythmic clanking of machinery.

Edit: If someone can suggest a better way of posting audio clips, I'd be much obliged. I'm sure there must be a better way, or perhaps it just shows us how we prioritise the visual over the auditory.

Last edited:
BBC Radio 3 have just this feature every Sunday morning.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
What was that digital radio station years ago???

Initially it was old radio plays annoyingly interrupted by adverts... but then they dropped the plays and ads and played just rural ambiance (gentle breeze, birdsong, a babbling brook, buzzing bees, the occasional distant tractor or an aeroplane flying over)... 24/7.

I think they were just filling up airtime until the licence ran out, then it went forever... but apparently, when they switched from radio plays to birdsong, the listenership went up considerably.

Top Bottom