The beauty in the everyday....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
On fb this morning this photo was posted....

Stunning! Almost exotic. The humble much maligned Starling is a thing of everyday beauty that to most goes-by barely noticed.

It’s said that lockdowns have made us appreciate simple/beautiful things more than ever, be it nature, art, and all kinds of miscellaneous stuff.

So what beauty do you find in the everyday?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Are you sure it wasn’t tweeted on Twitter?

Mo1959

Legendary Member

View attachment 587724

Stunning! Almost exotic. The humble much maligned Starling is a thing of everyday beauty that to most goes-by barely noticed.

It’s said that lockdowns have made us appreciate simple/beautiful things more than ever, be it nature, art, and all kinds of miscellaneous stuff.

I've always appreciated and marvelled at nature. Inherited the love of the great outdoors/nature/wildlife from my dad I think.

5A80A080-8EA6-467B-BACD-D329A1788273.jpeg

and whilst not everyone’s cup of tea, this appeals to my detail, pattern recognising brain.
My OCD has twitched on this image I took yesterday, and my numeric synapses indicated a desire to ‘know’ how many rain drops there are there..... that’s going to wait for a rainy day....

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
View attachment 587727
and as for wildlife which exists around us, but cannot often be observed close by, these visitors bring much relaxing moments of observation, wonder and excitement.
They are beautiful. Unfortunately they seem to be getting braver around here and a couple of locals who keep hens are having problems just now, but it's just nature in action so apart from very secure fencing, it's a risk you take keeping poultry outdoors I suppose.

@Mo1959 yes, I understand the issues from Foxes, thankfully here we seem to have many who at the very least, tolerate them.
I’m from a very urban space originally and since June have had up the pleasure of a visiting pair of siblings who have introduced some Cubs recently into the garden.they have rearranged the grass, and settled very close by, but I’d rather support nature than eradicate it, where I can of course.
I have taken hundreds of similar images since moving here, and there is some amazing space locally with much to watch.
As I age, I’m beginning to be able to grow into this much more than I ever believed I might.
Thankful for small mercies!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Mirrors :whistle:

D

Deleted member 26715

View attachment 587724

We currently have Starlings in the loft, they have got under the tiles & are currently raising their young, noisy little beggars, as they are above our bedroom, I'll let them leave before I go block up the gaps.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

View attachment 587724

Starlings a'plenty round here. They make any sound they like, clicks, squeaks, squarks, whistles. They do the lot. At work we have a few Robins in the warehouse. Beautiful song birds.

Top Bottom