The beauty in the everyday....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think they're mimics. Pick up sounds from their locale - so sometimes that is car alarms et al!
(hope I've got the right bird ...)

Anyway, handsome fellas, to be sure. 2nd only to magpies round here, but of more likeable character. A few were eating cake off our patio yesterday.
One of our local starlings has my alarm clock off to a tee.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Nice thread Fabbers, and you're right, so easy to ignore or take for granted what's all around us.

Here's a couple of pics of things that caught my eye, not so long ago.

My windscreen one frosty morn, and the ferns etc next to my waterfall.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Here's a picture that I have posted before elsewhere on CC. I had just got back from a ride with a mate and we were chatting in my back yard when he felt a tickle on his arm...

A sudden intrusion of nature into a mundane discussion about stupid drivers, steep hills, rolling resistance, or other boring cycling stuff!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
During the first lockdown last year, west London fell pretty silent. Very little traffic and hardly any aircraft noise. I could sit in my tiny little nerve-centre and watch and listen to the wildlife in the garden. For the first time I heard the bees on the cherry blossom and all the songbirds. I've become a huge fan of birds as a result.

View attachment 587726
and whilst not everyone’s cup of tea, this appeals to my detail, pattern recognising brain.
My OCD has twitched on this image I took yesterday, and my numeric synapses indicated a desire to ‘know’ how many rain drops there are there..... that’s going to wait for a rainy day....
I know exactly where you’re coming from - I’m the same.
Your image reminded me of this album cover from the late ‘70s by my favourite musician.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I know exactly where you’re coming from - I’m the same.
Your image reminded me of this album cover from the late ‘70s by my favourite musician.
View attachment 587852
Snap!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Beachcombing is such a simple pleasure! I tend to be drawn to decaying metal bits, there are lots of shipwrecks here and downed WW2 aircraft. Recent bits look like a part of a riveted Aluminium frame and a slightly mangled thin copper sheet, not unlike once adorned the bottom of a sailing vessel. It makes me ponder who/what/why/where these pieces originated.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Beachcombing is such a simple pleasure! I tend to be drawn to decaying metal bits, there are lots of shipwrecks here and downed WW2 aircraft. Recent bits look like a part of a riveted Aluminium frame and a slightly mangled thin copper sheet, not unlike once adorned the bottom of a sailing vessel. It makes me ponder who/what/why/where these pieces originated.
One fine day I hope to find a common wentletrap shell....

You’ll hear my celebrations!

yello

Walking the dog yesterday morning, I heard golden orioles. Such a wonderful sound. One morning last year, I looked up from my desk to see one sat in the cherry tree.

We're blessed in our garden to see/hear many different birds but the oriole is certainly amongst my favourites. That said, the huge wings of migrating cranes that pass overhead are a sight/sound to behold.

Top Bottom