The beauty in the everyday....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
IMG_20210510_124020.jpg

As posted elsewhere...

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

The soft evening light....and long long-dog shadows....

gbb

Legendary Member
Does anyone else see the beauty in what I call derelict...old barns, fen wooden houses, corrugated roofed simple farm buildings, anything that's decaying....
20200118_131109.jpg

Alternatively, I'm always happy to see anything old in the countryside, an old gulley, old farm gate or even just a lone surviving gatepost thats being absorbed back into nature...who passed through it, how long ago ?

Last edited:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Does anyone else see the beauty in what I call derelict...old barns, fen wooden houses, corrugated roofed simple farm buildings, anything that's decaying....
View attachment 588874

Alternatively, I'm always happy to see anything old in the countryside, an old gulley, old farm gate or even just a lone surviving gatepost thats being absorbed back into nature...who passed through it, how long ago ?

That'll be on Grand Designs before you can say 'well, we budgeted thirty five pounds and seventy five pence for the whole restoration but the glass wall and doors along the whole of the one side of the house came in at one hundred and seventy five thousand alone, and that's before the bespoke hand made kitchen and bathroom.'

View attachment 588874

I see places like that and think: filming set for serial killer drama.

But some decaying stuff CAN be interesting, for sure. This is a good source:
View: https://twitter.com/abandonedspaces/status/1385647440028635142?s=20

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That'll be on Grand Designs before you can say 'well, we budgeted thirty five pounds and seventy five pence for the whole restoration but the glass wall and doors along the whole of the one side of the house came in at one hundred and seventy five thousand alone, and that's before the bespoke hand made kitchen and bathroom.'
Ha ha!

There is an old stone building on a hillside above Hebden Bridge which has been derelict the whole time that I have been cycling up there - well over 30 years. A tree has actually grown inside the property over the years! It has been up for sale a few times but never sold, or if it DID sell, then the new owners didn't do anything with it. It would make a magnificent home if someone restored it properly.

On closer inspection, it could make 2 or 3 decent-sized cottages. It would be a lot of work, but they would be worth hundreds of thousands of pounds each.

I haven't been up there for a year so things might have changed in that time, but I doubt it...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Ha ha!

There is an old stone building on a hillside above Hebden Bridge which has been derelict the whole time that I have been cycling up there - well over 30 years. A tree has actually grown inside the property over the years! It has been up for sale a few times but never sold, or if it DID sell, then the new owners didn't do anything with it. It would make a magnificent home if someone restored it properly.

On closer inspection, it could make 2 or 3 decent-sized cottages. It would be a lot of work, but they would be worth hundreds of thousands of pounds each.

View attachment 589068

I haven't been up there for a year so things might have changed in that time, but I doubt it...
Apparently it now has a swimming pool and a heli-pad. :whistle:

Top Bottom