South Bristol / North Somerset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adds21

Rider of bikes
(I originally tagged this to the end of the Somerset Levels thread, but thought it probably deserves its own thread)

Anyone fancy joining two or three of us for a ride on Sunday? We're planning to start from Winford (BS40, near the airport), then following the Avon Cycleway to Pill (via Clevedon), onto the Pill cycle track along the river and under the Clifton Suspension Bridge into Bristol, then back to Winford via some of the quieter roads over Dundry (Edit: more probably, via Long Ashton rather than Dundry, as it misses out some nasty-ish roads)

I would imagine we'll stop for cakes somewhere along the line, although, I can't off the top of my head think of anywhere along the route! There must be somewhere in the harbour side near the SS Great Britain.

Planning to start at about 11:00ish, and it's probably about 30, maybe 35 miles, so at our speeds, that'll probably about 3 hours, maybe more depending on the number of cakes consumed.

Anyone else fancy joining us? There are two, maybe three confirmed, and possibly some random Twitter people!

(The Pill path is a little rough, especially at the Pill end (where it’s stony), It’s quite doable on 23's, but not very comfortable, so it's worth knowing that it's more suited to wider tyres - I'll probably be on my MTB).

Chutzpah

Über Member
A shameless bump for this one - anyone else coming along?

Top Bottom