South Brum Ride - Sat 21 April 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgul

Legendary Member
Here are the details for a "social pace" ride .....

Title : South Birmingham & into Warwickshire ride
Date : Saturday 21 April 2012
Time : Depart at 1030 SHARP
Start/finish location : Whitlocks End Station (Postcode B90 1PN) - trains every 20 minutes from Birmingham Moor Street (5 minute ride from Birmingham New Street)
Breakfast : Cafe at football club opposite station for fry-up/bacon sandwiches etc from 0830
Parking : Free at the station
Coffee : No cafe stop - possible 10 minute roadside stop for own drink & snack.
Lunch location : Cafe at Wootton Wawen (or pub next door), at approx 38 Km
Distance : Approx 58 Km total, at a social pace
Terrain : All tarmac, rolling, no severe hills, primarily quiet lanes..
Machine suitability : Any type of bike (no gates or barriers to negotiate)
Captain : Crumbling Nick (from yacf)
Whipper-in : Robgul

We want to keep this simple - so just PM if you are coming FOR CERTAIN (not "I might") A bit nearer the time a list will be added - it's likely to have riders from yacf and CTC Forum too.

Rob

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Sorry - busy on that day. Otherwise would definitely be there.

Hont

Guru
Just to clarify. It's definitely 58Km not 58miles? I'm looking to cycle to the meeting point so need to adjust accordingly.

(Will PM when I know I'm definitely coming.)

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Yes it's 58 European kilometres ... I'm not organising it but the chap who is has very few confirmed takers and will make a Yes/No decision, I think, on Monday.

Rob

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Monday is the deadline AFAIK - weather forecasts ... huh! The weather people don't even look out of the window to see what it's like before they pontificate with dud information!

Rob

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
The ride is ON - details as above - although it may be as few as 5 riders. Nick (as in Crumbling Nick on yacf) is the man to look for at the start (there's a football club (with cafe) across the road from Whitlock's End Station where the ride will assemble.

So, if you are going - just turn up!

Rob (on behalf of Nick)

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
We want to keep this simple - so just PM if you are coming FOR CERTAIN (not "I might") A bit nearer the time a list will be added - it's likely to have riders from yacf and CTC Forum too.

Not sure what you're saying here - I'm only the messenger ... have a look over at yacf.

If it's only 5 then any "organisation" is not required for lunch etc - hence the "turn up" comment.

Rob

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
STOP PRESS - Ride is likely to be cancelled - low number and weather forecast. Check on yacf before leaving home.

Rob

Top Bottom