South Wales Startup Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
I read an article somewhere recently, about new breeds of cycle club who link through Social Media or Strava. This was in addition to, or instead of actual real life meets and rides.

It was extremely interesting and made me think about setting one up in South Wales. It's just an idea at present, but would anyone be interested in something like this?

The concept I have in mind is to start it small, as a Strava based club, and then increase in numbers from there. Can start as a virtual thing at first, but then expand to meets too.

I have been fairly keen on joining a local club for a while, but looking at their websites has put me off, as they seem stuffy and elitist at times. I also can't commit to turning up each and every meet and I don't want to let anyone down. I can't be alone in this view?

Feel free to reply with your thoughts guys?

I may be completely off the mark. We shall see.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Just to clarify, I am not suggesting that the clubs are ACTUALLY elitist or stuffy, but that my perception is that presently. I am not knocking them, but it has put me off, and I am sure that I am probably not alone.

This is just an idea at present and might be proven wrong.

Shadowfax

Are we going to get this off the ground then ?
How about forming the club within another site ? Strava or Face book for instance.

Stantheman

I am ok with that, only just started using strava and am lagging behind technology though

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'm in South Wales too - can I join in

I can't find the club on strava either :sad:

Top Bottom