Southampton Critical Mass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iacula

Reading Thomas's "London Critical Mass" thread got me thinking that I should try to get to the Southampton one, though I'll have to leave work an hour or so early to get there. Has anyone else been? I suppose you have to have at least 20 or so cyclists to make it effective, does this sort of number turn up?

http://www.southamptoncycling.org.uk/

thomas

the tank engine
iacula said:
Reading Thomas's "London Critical Mass" thread got me thinking that I should try to get to the Southampton one, though I'll have to leave work an hour or so early to get there. Has anyone else been? I suppose you have to have at least 20 or so cyclists to make it effective, does this sort of number turn up?

http://www.southamptoncycling.org.uk/

Who cares what it is like...you get to leave work a hour early :rolleyes:

OP
OP
iacula

iacula

Nice one Thomas!

XmisterIS, great... I think we need to raise the profile of the cycling campaign in Southampton, though I think we'll need more than two! My son does the Brighton Critical Mass and says if there are relatively few cyclists the drivers try to force themselves through, endangering the cyclists and pedestrians on the pavement.

thomas

the tank engine
I'd say, turn up, if you don't like it don't go again. It's worth a try...I'd be meaning to go to the London one since Christmas ;). I was going to go last month, but then went to London to do some other stuff.

I wasn't sure what I'd think. I think with smaller numbers it wouldn't have been as good, but it all has to start somewhere.

Radius

SHREDDER
I was at the December one this Christmas, and about 35 people turned up. It was still good, just very very different!

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Do you know how far/long the critical mass rides? I will be coming in from Fareham - a distance of 12 miles one way - it might be fun for me to make a proper outing of it - will be 24 miles + whatever we do on the mass.

thomas

the tank engine
XmisterIS said:
Do you know how far/long the critical mass rides? I will be coming in from Fareham - a distance of 12 miles one way - it might be fun for me to make a proper outing of it - will be 24 miles + whatever we do on the mass.

London did about 12 miles over 2 hours 30 ;)

Top Bottom