Spa audax or Condor Fratello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
The graunchy noises and rubbing suggested otherwise ... it was a brand new bike (nipple fault) so tolerances would have been at a minimum (no wear).

IIRC it came at around £1400
That puts you in Eq Disc 20 territory. So given that the Eq 20 comes with 105 groupset rather than Tiagra, plus semi hydraulic brakes and a Di2 ready Reynolds frame, I'd say it's the Genesis that represents good value/the Condor that's overpriced rather than the other way around.

Both lovely bikes imo though. I think the Equilibrium is sportier feeling than the more audaxy Fratello, but I've only sat on the latter not ridden one so I may be making unfair assumptions here.

marcusjb

If you like getting compliments on your bike, ride a Condor.

I've got two, a Fratello and a Tempo (exact same frame, just with different dropouts for years and fixed).

Hard to imagine better bikes for mile eating and comfort. Not the lightest (but far from the heaviest), but still plenty sprightly enough for faster riding (I have TT'd and done sportives on mine).

Service from Condor is exceptional. The jig fitting ensures the frame will fit you well. They are happy for you to buy just the frameset from them (both of mine were frameset only). If things go wrong, they are brilliant (my first fratello had a slightly too large seat tube insert meaning the seat pillar would slip no matter what - frame swapped over with little quibbling). Getting spare parts for their headsets etc. has proved easy.

Done around 30000km on the Fratello and 4000km since building up the Tempo last year. Fratello has done PBP, LEL etc.

For an extra £100 on a frame, you can have bosses added/removed and/or different paint job.

Great frames and great people.

Top Bottom