Spa Cycles Elan Ti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lane

Veteran
Very Happy Elan owner here as well. I run 32mm tyres and have the 105 triple and handbuilt wheels. Spa were great to deal with. As you say no problem with a decent test ride no details needed. I was out yesterday and thinking that I couldn't be happier with the bike. Done about 4,000km so far. Hope you get lots of great rides on yours.

OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
there's a selection of saddles there, two of which seen to be SMPs. Is that the all carbon fork? Mine is the alu steerer and much higher - almost level with the saddle.

Saddles are my Brooks C17 from my tourer and various SMP test saddles. I have the carbon fork which I like but I wish it had the hole on the crown at the front to make light mounting easier.

Last edited:

lane

Veteran
IMG_20190216_122504.jpg
IMG_20190113_121139.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Welcome to the Spa Elan club. Not only did they allow a test ride without any form of deposit (I'd worked out a route down to Knaresborough and then up to Bilton and back to Spa Cycles on the cycle ways in the area), but they were quite happy for me to have a couple of specifiation changes and then they offered me the use of the test bike for the next few hours while I waited for the train home.
Mines the 105 hydraulic version, on their hand built wheels with Vittoria Voyager Hyper 32mm tyres, Ti seatpost and a 36/50 chainset & 12-26 gearing set-up as it's quite flat here.
Spa Elan.jpg

lane

Veteran
Interestng looking at the Spa site it now comes with a different fork specified as standard - spa own brand carbon fork with alloy steerer. From what is said above looks like it raises the bars.

Top Bottom