Spa Nidd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I've discovered what the horrible annoying squeak on my bike is.
I'm currently 11.2 miles from home on some backroad and the tension bolt won't stop rattling when I go over a rough surface. The damn noseplate has cracked again.
It's the second Nidd to do this.
I have decided these spa saddles are in actual fact........sh*t.
Hope it holds till I cut my ride short and get home. It's only my first chance for a ride in almost a week.
Not a happy bunny. :angry:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Take a picture and send it to Spa. I had a couple of Aire saddles with a similar issue. Bolt replaced on one (where it was the bolt that had snapped) and new saddle for the other (where the actual plate had broken). No hassle from them, they just wanted pictures.

OP
OP
Vantage

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Not unless you want an annoying creak all the time!! That's why I changed to Spa in the first place.

The Nidd creaked all the time. It was around the noseplate area and I was having to grease it every couple months or so.
On the other hand, Brooks are pricy and the latest generation have a reputation for weak leather and weak saddle rails.
Damned if we do and damned if we don't.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Both mine did
As do both of mine, to some degree, but that's partly the moonscape I'm riding over making the springs work. Anyone want to buy a Flyer or B67?

OP
OP
Vantage

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Take a picture and send it to Spa. I had a couple of Aire saddles with a similar issue. Bolt replaced on one (where it was the bolt that had snapped) and new saddle for the other (where the actual plate had broken). No hassle from them, they just wanted pictures.

Done.
Did the same thing last time it happened but they wanted the saddle posting to them also. It was replaced. Hoping for the same outcome this time without faffing about having to send it back.
The strange thing about this is, the first Nidd developed this fault just after a year. This Nidd is just over two years old. Maybe the next one will last three years and so forth?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Done.
Did the same thing last time it happened but they wanted the saddle posting to them also. It was replaced. Hoping for the same outcome this time without faffing about having to send it back.
The strange thing about this is, the first Nidd developed this fault just after a year. This Nidd is just over two years old. Maybe the next one will last three years and so forth?
One of my Aire's completed LEL comfortably and lasted a couple of years after before breaking on a commute. I've still got both of them but I'm slightly ashamed to say that I now run Charge Spoons on both my road bikes. Absolutely silent.

OP
OP
Vantage

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I gave in. Based on the fact that spa haven't replied to my email and that a replacement Nidd would only fail again...I ordered a B17.
Just hope those bas***ds at DWP don't screw me over as a result of my esa assessment today.

The Nidd creaked all the time. It was around the noseplate area and I was having to grease it every couple months or so.
On the other hand, Brooks are pricy and the latest generation have a reputation for weak leather and weak saddle rails.
Damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Not all Brooks are pricey - both my B17 imperial's were under £60 - and the basic b17 is even less.
Mine creaked - but a bit of grease soon put that right. After trying a few saddles the brooks was the only once I could ride pain free - So i don't really have a much of a choice.

Top Bottom