Space Watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
At least nobody got miles and kilometers mixed up.... Or was that an old wives tale? :smile:

It is staggering. The technology and clever people who do it are beyond me.
I dont think we will learn anything worthwhile from it and would rather see the money spent down here but that doesn't detract from the achievement.
No no no.

Drago

Legendary Member
The Americans are soon to be sending one of their awesome nuclear powered Rovers, landing with the Skycrane system. The new one is the same chassis as curiosity, but the instruments benefit from advances in hardware and electronics. Sweet.

Last edited:
I’m glad it got down safely, it’s carrying several hundred thousands of dollars worth of kit, using bits made by my own ( and my colleague’s ) fair hands. The systems that got it down used bits we made as well. That’s another celestial body with stuff I’ve made on it, or being passed by, by things with my kit on. To be fair we’ve had stuff on Mars before, but not quite so much stuff, in one space craft.

Drago

Legendary Member
I’m glad it got down safely, it’s carrying several hundred thousands of dollars worth of kit, using bits made by my own ( and my colleague’s ) fair hands. The systems that got it down used bits we made as well. That’s another celestial body with stuff I’ve made on it, or being passed by, by things with my kit on. To be fair we’ve had stuff on Mars before, but not quite so much stuff, in one space craft.

Now that's pretty cool! How many people can say that something they made rests on another planet?

Top Bottom