Spam, spam , spam, spam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
When I finally got back on the 'puter after a couple of years absence the first cycling forum I joined was BM, after that C+, then when that demised BR, which probably inadvertantly pointed me to good ole CC (I like it here ;)).
Recently though I've started to get a load of spam :biggrin:.
Any ideas where it may be coming from ?
These are just 4 received in the last couple of hours :biggrin:
SpecialSavings
The DeRoosRealEstate Center
Julia at Webshoppingcenter
Anna at WebShoppingCenter

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Elmer Fudd said:
When I finally got back on the 'puter after a couple of years absence the first cycling forum I joined was BM, after that C+, then when that demised BR, which probably inadvertantly pointed me to good ole CC (I like it here ;)).
Recently though I've started to get a load of spam :biggrin:.
Any ideas where it may be coming from ?
These are just 4 received in the last couple of hours :biggrin:
SpecialSavings
The DeRoosRealEstate Center
Julia at Webshoppingcenter
Anna at WebShoppingCenter

Could be anywhere. I have an email account that I set up and never used, and never gave out the address for. It gets spammed.

The spammers and spambots will just work their way through millions of variations in usernames for a given email provider, so unless you have a really, really obscure username made up of letters, numbers and characters, they'll get you in the end.

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Well when BR first set up I had to change my user name and create a new e-mail address as it recognised all my C+ details but wouldn't let me in as they were "already subscribed". Yeah ME !
So I set up Gmail then. I've just visited it and have 5 msgs in inbox from BR and......

473 Spams !!

I seem to recall a story about an old boy who'd had enough of junk mail. He filled out various forms using slightly different details on each, a name spelt differently etc. He also opted out of being contacted.

When he began recieving mail, the name used identified the companies that had sold his details.;) The system he used was strong enough to be used as proof.:biggrin:

Could this system be modified for the email world..

Top Bottom