Spanish GP - ***Spoiler***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
marinyork said:
I think the F1 back on the beeb is probably a bad thing on balance.
Really? Why's that then? All I want is the race, uninterrupted by adverts. What does ITV bring, apart from loads of annoying interruptions?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Good points of being on the beeb I see are iPlayer and no adverts.
Bad points, probably never, ever, ever in high definition for ever because of their joke channel that is run like when in test channel phase. On Balance I think I'll hedge my bets with ITV.

marinyork said:
Good points of being on the beeb I see are iPlayer and no adverts.
Bad points, probably never, ever, ever in high definition for ever because of their joke channel that is run like when in test channel phase. On Balance I think I'll hedge my bets with ITV.
Ah. HD means nothing to me I'm afraid. Lack of adverts however is a complete no-brainer. I've been enjoying the Medieval Season on BBC4 this last week or so, and being able to watch stuff without shampoo, BT and sodding Churchill every ten minutes or so is just bliss. :sad:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
We should get a better sound quality on the BBC. Apparantly There is a choice of feeds available from the circuits and ITV take the cheapest, which doesn't give you details like tyres screetching etc.

Don't ask me to explain that, it is only what I have been told by someone in the know.

marinyork

Chuffy said:
Ah. HD means nothing to me I'm afraid. Lack of adverts however is a complete no-brainer. I've been enjoying the Medieval Season on BBC4 this last week or so, and being able to watch stuff without shampoo, BT and sodding Churchill every ten minutes or so is just bliss. :angry:

Terry Jones's Crusades has been repeated for the first time in years which has been great.

marinyork

Smokin Joe said:
We should get a better sound quality on the BBC. Apparantly There is a choice of feeds available from the circuits and ITV take the cheapest, which doesn't give you details like tyres screetching etc.

Don't ask me to explain that, it is only what I have been told by someone in the know.

Yup and they take the cheapest. There's also the issue of BBC1 on all platforms has way more bandwidth than ITV. Unfortunately though I expect only a marginally better feed. The Beeb have been known to skimp themselves on picture quality in an ever longer list of recent sports events e.g. FA Cup, Snooker so I'm not particularly hopeful.

mickle said:
Camaro methinks.
Some flavour of American muscliana I thought. Although the orange colour put me in mind of the legendary Bond Bug. :angry:

Top Bottom