SPD Ahoy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oliglynn

Über Member
Got my first pair of SPD shoes through in the post today to go with the new pedals on the new bike, and boy what a difference they make! I shot in to work today :sad: All without spazzing out and falling on my ass in an un-dignified manner at any junctions too! Happy Days!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nice one.. they do make a difference don't they?

Willo

Well done; I have fallen on my arse (twice, including in front of large audience at the station this week!!), but not deterred am enjoying the benefits. Keeps the feet in position and I've found that I can really stand up and push harder on the hills now. Enjoy!

Mike!

Guru
I have double sided peddles (flat one side) but no shoes.

I will try some shoes soon as they might help me to crack my 20min barrier for my ride home (20 seconds off it at the moment!!)

OP
OP
oliglynn

oliglynn

Über Member
Still no falls to report, although I almost came off this morning as I was setting off, but I was luckily right beside the car and leaned on that while I got my other foot in and pushed off :blush:

I Just keep thinking "spd" to myself as I approach junctions...

Still haven't got round to moving my speedo from the old bike to the new one, so not sure of actual time benefits, but it feels faster and more efficient than using my normal shoes.

Top Bottom