SPD leisure/touring shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lulubel

Über Member
I'm considering going over to the dark side - clipless. (I've been considering it on and off for 3 years and I'm still using flats, so don't get too excited!)

My OH uses MTB SPD shoes, and she has done for a couple of years. I remember when she first got them, she could barely walk up our drive in them without slipping over, and it wasn't THAT steep or slippery. Two years on, she still walks flat-footed and cautiously in them, and clip-clops like a horse.

That's everything I don't want from a shoe.

What I DO want is a shoe I can walk in safely, a shoe that I can put down safely on wet tarmac, a shoe that I can use on a flat pedal without sliding around, a shoe that doesn't make me walk funny.

I've done some research, and I think something like the Shimano MT33 or dhb C1.0 might fit the bill. Am I on the right lines, and are there any others I should consider?

Grayduff

Über Member
Hi mate i have been riding my hybrid now for three months up to 60 miles a week, for two of those three months clipless MT43`s, once i got them set up right they have been a revalation, i feel very comfortable in them and am in total control apart from the odd junction moment most people go through, but for me they come into there own when i am going up hills and when i am getting a little tired , being able to pull as well as push is a great help..Just my opinion...:thumbsup:

I use the MT90 in winter or when winter commuting, touring and doing any off road walking, or the MT71 for lighter tours and general commuting

Top Bottom