Spd shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
You might want to let people know what size you want, unless you are willing to wear extra pairs of socks or remove toes as needed.

broady

Veteran
Sports direct do the muddyfox ones for around £20. My mate wears them and he likes them.
I got mine on eBay, but watch for sizing as my road shoes are a 43 and my mountain bike ones are an 42. I'm normally a 41/42 (7 1/2) in trainers and shoes.

OP
OP
monkeylc

monkeylc

Über Member
Sports direct do the muddyfox ones for around £20. My mate wears them and he likes them.
I got mine on eBay, but watch for sizing as my road shoes are a 43 and my mountain bike ones are an 42. I'm normally a 41/42 (7 1/2) in trainers and shoes.
I'll take a look matey, cheers.

OP
OP
monkeylc

monkeylc

Über Member
Yeh they look pretty good for the money. What about size wise? What size is your friend and what size shoe has he gone for?

Cheers.

AndyRM

XOXO
@monkeylc for a tenner more you can swerve the MuddyFox and get a decent pair:

http://www.merlincycles.com/rexton-mtb-shoes-67381.html

Anecdotal I know, but I have a pair of the MuddyFox shoes and find them hateful things that rub. I've got the Rexton's in road flavour and can't fault them.

broady

Veteran
He went one size bigger. I think you have to go try them on and see what you think.
If you go to a bike shop then they might let you try them on a bike too on a turbo trainer.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I had a pair of Muddy Fox MTB type shoes, they didn't last too long. Fell to bits around the cleat fitting.
I've had a pair of Aldi / Lidl MTB type for a few years, they are quite heavy but still in good condition.

Top Bottom