Spd shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Going to take the leap at the end of the month after riding on flats for probably to long now. Not interested in Road shoes yet as I tried them before to fidly to constantly adjust and spend a lot of time walking about so Spd are more than good enough.

My main problem is fitment can anyone recommend a good as your normal shoe size I've tried 3 pairs of Specalized shoes and they are either to long or to tight in width. My local Evans doesn't carry much stock so looking at getting online

I'm a 9.5 in trainers but do have wide feet Nike trainers fit me well so I stick to them. Any suggestions greatly received.
Cheers
Mark.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Spesh ,wiggle recommend going 1 EU size up.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Another Evans within reasonable distance to try on more shoes, to give you a baseline, if you decide to buy online?
I'm a 10 or 10.5 and sometimes an 11 depending on shoe manufacturer, with a wide foot. Got sorted at Evans Trafford Park , ( I realise that is not an easy option for you), with some Spesh.
Bought one pair of shoes online. (Not cycling shoes). Fitted OK but took ages to break in and I know if I had tried them on in shop, I wouldn't have walked out with them.

OP
OP
mark st1

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Another Evans within reasonable distance to try on more shoes, to give you a baseline, if you decide to buy online?
I'm a 10 or 10.5 and sometimes an 11 depending on shoe manufacturer, with a wide foot. Got sorted at Evans Trafford Park , ( I realise that is not an easy option for you), with some Spesh.
Bought one pair of shoes online. (Not cycling shoes). Fitted OK but took ages to break in and I know if I had tried them on in shop, I wouldn't have walked out with them.

Nice one I thought I'd hit the jackpot today going to Sigma Sports with there vast array of gear but alas they don't sell any mtb shoes in store lol they do online though. Will try and source a better stocked Evans. Cycle surgery in the London areas anyone aware of there offerings ?

midlife

Guru
When I bought my Shimano SPD shoes I was surprised how tiny they were given the size they were meant to be,! Glad I was in a shop trying them on :smile:

Shaun

Wafer

Veteran
I have wide feet and bought some Shimano M089 shoes in a wide fitting and went one size up to 47 ( I'm normally a 46). I find they fit me perfectly.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-m089-mtb-spd-shoes-wide-fit-2015/rp-prod127710
I got a pair of these in 48e. Feet are a 12 for width, nearer 11 for length.
I haven't used them loads yet, they feel great for width, possibly a little too long but not to have been a problem. I would think you could get a pair in the right size for you. I maybe should've gotten 47 but shop were having to get them in and I decided to fit was close enough and didn't want to wait longer.

vickster

Legendary Member
Perhaps try bontrager, pretty sure they sell at action bikes by embankment. Otherwise big Evans Mortimer street, cycle surgery just go in and see? Shimano offer wide fitting options
Wiggle, chain reaction free returns. Evans order online, get delivered to store, return immediately if no good upon trying. Can try multiple pairs and brands that way as long as credit card can support

Yep, Sigma road biking only

Milkfloat

An Peanut
my advice - buy online with free returns. Look at the reviews and cherry pick a load. You can then try them on in the comfort of your own home and send back the ones that don't fit for free. It is impossible for an LBS to stock all the different options, so you are more likely to compromise on the best of a bad bunch. Try Wiggle and Chain Reaction for a good choice with free returns. I have had foot problems, so my last shoes were picked out of 11 different pairs delivered to me.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Perhaps try bontrager, pretty sure they sell at action bikes by embankment. Otherwise big Evans Mortimer street, cycle surgery just go in and see? Shimano offer wide fitting options
Wiggle, chain reaction free returns. Evans order online, get delivered to store, return immediately if no good upon trying. Can try multiple pairs and brands that way as long as credit card can support

Yep, Sigma road biking only
I found bontrager tighter than shimano , i had to go 2 sizes up .

Top Bottom