Speaking to numpty cyclists, bite your tongue or excoriate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spindrift

Depending on my mood I guess. I normally keep quiet but if they are complete spanners I may let rip.

Is it worth it?

Will anything you say make them moderate their undertaking, RLJing, spitting, careless filtering, lack of attention and general idiocy?

Cab

It can work. I'm sure I've trained some regulars on my route out of RLJ'ing (at least at lights I'm waiting at!).

Arch

Married to Night Train
It depends on so much. The degree of numptiness, the offence, the circumstances. I used to holler at RLJers, I don't bother now, I just seethe inwardly, and shake my head for the benfit of onlookers. I've shouted "try getting some lights" to someone who came out of a side alley in the dark and almost hit me - although it wasn't really the lack of lights that was the issue, it was the not looking. I've shouted "try looking!" as well...

If someone appeared to have done something out of a general ignorance of the law or good practice (wearing a stupidly fitted helmet, or a dangerously dangling bag or something), I might offer advice. But I'd probably brace myself for a "what the F***s it got to do with you..."

domtyler

Über Member
This makes me want to watch Magnatoms video again when he had his run in with the pavement cyclist. god that was funny, anyone got a link?

cupoftea

I had a numpty on road bike with his trousers tucked into his socks shouting at parked cars, as he had to pull around them.

He scared me, I though he was “care in the community”, I just couldn’t believe he was shouting at the parked cars, they were parked legally.

domtyler

Über Member
cupoftea said:
I had a numpty on road bike with his trousers tucked into his socks shouting at parked cars, as he had to pull around them.

He scared me, I though he was “care in the community”, I just couldn’t believe he was shouting at the parked cars, they were parked legally.

That's your Dad that is!

Maz

Guru
cupoftea said:
He sounds like a mentalist. Did he have his shirt tucked into his pants aswell?

ChrisW

spindrift said:
Depending on my mood I guess. I normally keep quiet but if they are complete spanners I may let rip.

Is it worth it?

Will anything you say make them moderate their undertaking, RLJing, spitting, careless filtering, lack of attention and general idiocy?

If l "let rip" at every numpty, spanner, RLJer, non light using, helmet lite, pavement using, undertaking, swerving out without looking etc etc pedestrian on a bike. Where would i find the energy for letting rip at WVM, taxis, buses, BMW'ers, 4X4'ers, lorries etc who are all trying to kill me?

And the there are the pedestrians who appear from in between cars, from behind buses, randomly off the pavement, and especially those pushing prams, etc etc

I tried letting rip at everyone who deserved it in London once. Went hoarse and lost my voice after 500 yards.

I only do it now to prevent accidents.

Top Bottom