Special Edition Jumbo Visma shirt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm not a fan of team jerseys generally. But the limited edition Jumbo Visma TdF jersey is very nice.
Inspired by the Dutch masters, Van Gough, Rembrant & Vermeer.

What do the good folks of CC think?

1655886736467.png

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Thumbs up mainly because it isn't yellow, makes it much easier to pick out the proper yellow jersey in the bunch, rather than their slightly different shade. EF have always had the good manners to do a "special" jersey for the Giro.

D

Deleted member 26715

It will be stupidly overpriced whatever the price is & not worth it.

Ajax Bay

Guru
£75 for a piece of material, you're having a giraffe, no wonder we have inflation at the rate we do when people think this is acceptable.
Fact check:
Actually clothing has dropped in price, reducing the headline CPI rate. So while you (and I) might not be prepared to pay this price (aka "acceptable"), clothing costs are decreasing, at present.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/bulletins/consumerpriceinflation/latest:
  • The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) rose by 9.1% in the 12 months to May 2022, up from 9.0% in April.
  • Rising prices for food and non-alcoholic beverages, compared with falls a year ago, resulted in the largest upward contribution to the change in both the CPIH* and CPI 12-month inflation rates between April and May 2022 (0.17 percentage points for CPIH).
  • The largest offsetting downward contributions to change in the rates were from recreation and culture (0.10 percentage points for CPIH) and clothing and footwear (0.08 percentage points for CPIH).

• *CPIH is CPI plus owner occupiers' housing costs

Not for me, my first thought was sausage roll meat.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
£75 for a piece of material, you're having a giraffe, no wonder we have inflation at the rate we do when people think this is acceptable.

Each to their own. People pay more for premium brands such as Rapha and Assos etc
Others are happy with Lidl and Aldi specials.

D

Deleted member 26715

Fact check:
Actually clothing has dropped in price, reducing the headline CPI rate. So while you (and I) might not be prepared to pay this price (aka "acceptable"), clothing costs are decreasing, at present.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/bulletins/consumerpriceinflation/latest:
  • The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) rose by 9.1% in the 12 months to May 2022, up from 9.0% in April.
  • Rising prices for food and non-alcoholic beverages, compared with falls a year ago, resulted in the largest upward contribution to the change in both the CPIH* and CPI 12-month inflation rates between April and May 2022 (0.17 percentage points for CPIH).
  • The largest offsetting downward contributions to change in the rates were from recreation and culture (0.10 percentage points for CPIH) and clothing and footwear (0.08 percentage points for CPIH).

• *CPIH is CPI plus owner occupiers' housing costs

Still doesn't make charging £75 for a bit of rag right though does it not when people are trying to bring up a family on less than that a week, but as @ianrauk states each to their own. Sorry clearly not in a good mood today, time to walk away from the keyboard.

Top Bottom