Special interests. Classic bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bagpuss

Guru
I know Classic Rendezvous USA , and classic lightweights UK and the VCC are the main sites that serve this area of cycling . However as I'am not member of any off them , is there a column on this site that you can post on with regards this topic?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I dont think we have a particular column for the subject but its interesting stuff anyway, my favourite so far is the Magnus Bonum http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/bikes/vincent-hetchins.html

cheers!

MsMalfoy

starseven said:
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I dont think we have a particular column for the subject but its interesting stuff anyway, my favourite so far is the Magnus Bonum http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/bikes/vincent-hetchins.html

cheers!

I love that site and that particular bike is stunning.

I have a growing interest in classic lightweight cycles...

and I'm not even a bearded middle aged chap with a love of real ale.

(Well ok I do love real ale...)

littlestwoo

I ride a 1980 (I think) Quinns lightweight, I got in touch with www.classiclightweights.co.uk but they where not interested in the bike, although they do have a 1992 Hetchins on the site (maybe I offended them with the classic Shimano 600!). I'll not knock them though as there site is very good. I may get in touch with classicrandevous (another fantastic site) as they are interested in anything up to 1983.

The best thing about classic lightweights is that you can step onto such a machine a be stunned by how well they ride. The only thing I cheat on is using my modern clipless pedals! Campagnolo record does beckon though.

Steve

bobg

Über Member

"and I'm not even a bearded middle aged chap with a love of real ale"

Well, I'm damned, just registered today and somebody knows me already:smile:

Greetings all.

yes please, .... here's another vote for classic lightweights/special interest/vintage/veteran ...

Bob

bobg

Über Member
Thanks very much. I think I'm going to like it here like it here. Popped in from the shed for a quick cuppa at 12 and still here 3 hours later.

Top Bottom