Specialeyes Mercian

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carpenter

Über Member
Dear Specialeyes,

Thank you so much for the Mercian frame - at the time I did say that I would post pictures as it progressed, but once I had all the bits I just went ahead without taking "step by step" photos.
I hadn't intended refinishing the frame, but I was very pleased with the "illusion cherry" powder coat on my Dancelli (https://ctc-powder-coating.co.uk - these people do a great job), so I went for the same again :blush:

I managed to free the stem using a quick heat with a Bunsen burner, followed by cold tap - kids were very interested and it tied in with the lesson on particles/expansion (my excuse and sticking to it).
Very impressed by the quality of the Campagnolo headset by the way; no marks on running surfaces, smooth as silk after a clean and grease.

512817 512818

The Mercian is my bike of choice at the moment, I had a lovely ride this afternoon (brilliant weather, although lots of people out on bikes. That is a different story though)

Thanks again and very best wishes. Guy.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Just Wow!

Sharky

Guru
Great frames. By coincidence, the bike on my current avatar picture was a Mercian - in 1969! Kept it until only a few years ago and sold to a club mate as I had stopped riding it and didn't want to rust away in the shed.

Happy Cycling

Top Bottom