Specialized Allez 08' 27

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

h34v3ns3nt

Bought one of these from brand new beginning of July, done around 300 miles so far. Nice ride so far. Your thoughts?

Allez2708Black.jpg

Anything I should consider changing/replacing in due time? I have heard the rims arnt up to much..

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
it's fine, just upgrade when things wear out.

The tyres on my 2004 were awful, particularly in the wet.
You can get new tyres for £20-30 so worth spending if yours are the same.

The wheels are basic, just as they would be on any £500 bike, the same would be true of a Trek, Giant, etc
So if you have a spare £150-200 knocking about, replace with something better. If you haven't, they'll do you fine.

I'd recommend getting some clipless pedals, whatever sort you prefer.
(this forum, as any other, will have lots of people telling you SPD's are brilliant/SPD's are rubbish/buy Looks/don't buy Looks/get Speedplay/don't/etc - get whichever you prefer)

If the saddle suits your *rse then it's a good saddle.

Brake blocks, chain, etc replace as they wear out.

maurice

I have an 07 Allez Triple.

New tyres do help with speed, but get spd pedals first.

I heard they could be dodgy, but my wheels are still true after cycling Dieppe>Nice with luggage, including some 20+mph abuse over cobblestones in Paris.

OP
OP
H

h34v3ns3nt

Sorry yeh was meant to say earlier, I upgraded the pedals when I bought it. I didnt want cage pedals!

I got these:

shimano%20m324%2004.jpg

Shimano M324 Combination Pedals

And these:

Specialized%2008%20Taho%20MTB.jpg

Specialized 08 Taho MTB

You have MTB shoes and SPD combination pedals : MTB-cleated pedals with a platform so you can also ride in normal shoes.

SPD-SL are road pedals, like Looks. You'd need flat soled road shoes, as Alex says.

Like I said earlier, you'll get people on here swearing that MTB SPD's are the best thing (indee, only thing), others saying they're rubbish and you need road pedals.
You'll be told you need SPD/SPD-SL/SPD-R/Look traditional/Look Keo/Speedplay/Time/Crank Bros/etc/etc
- when there are so many different opinions, obviously no-one can be as right as every one of them is convinced they are !

Top Bottom